is auto start covered under warranty??

i own a 2002 yukon . i had auto start installed when i bought it. i paid the dealer for this thing so is this covered under the warranty since i paid the dealer?

Reply to
tommbo

It is not a manufacturers item, so not covered by GM. The dealer _may_ provide some warranty. I would check the documentation you received with the vehicle. I believe in most states they are required to provide information on 3rd party add-on products that they install for you...including the warranty.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

the dealer for this thing so is this covered under the warranty since i paid the dealer?

Definitely should be! Don't procrastinate on getting it serviced--gray area--he may claim the 'aftermarket' system he installed is only covered for

12 months! If you asked for 'factory auto-start', rightfully, you should have 36/36 warr.--assuming it was offered as an option. Otherwise.......??? HTH & good luck, sdlomi.
Reply to
sdlomi2

Not a factory-installed or sanctioned accessory, so not under the factory warranty. The dealer should provide their own warranty for it though..

Reply to
Robert Hancock