Is Ford focus now OK

Doing some new car shopping and am considering the 2003 focus ZTW wagon with traction control. Wondering if Ford has dealt with the problems of previous focus years or is it still full of bugs?

Thanks for the input

F.plant

Reply to
F. Plant

A long time ago during the first couple of months when it came out. The 2003 Focus has had the same number of recalls as the Corolla, one. Both of which were minor and affect only a few Focus and Corolla vehicles. The Focus is rated number one in its class by most of the buff magazines, as well. I would drive and price all of the cars in that class, get a total 'drive home' price, than decide if it were me as long as your are asking. ;)

mike hunt

"F. Plant" wrote:

.
Reply to
BenDover

or get a nice used taurus wagon hee hee

Reply to
me

Need a smaller wagon with good winter performance. Matrix AWD is too small, so that leaves me with a new Focus ZTW or probably a used Subaru Legacy. The ford deals are tempting.

F. Plant

Reply to
F. Plant

i haven't heard anything about the focus since the 2000/2001 recalls, but they still don't sound too reliable to me. i haven't really heard any details about what they have done to fix all the problems from before. but i'm a little bias, i would never own a ford, or any other american car for that matter.

Reply to
virginia

oops- i thought the recalls were only on 2000-2001 models, but in 2002 some of the new hatchbacks that year were recalled too. i think getting one of those are too risky- there have been at least nine different recalls on the car since they were first introduced.

Reply to
virginia

I'll bet anyone would love to own this focus:

the top pictures...

Reply to
FuzionMan