Is (MC) Mixture Control Solenoid SEAL Available for Rochester Carb?

This is for a Rochester VaraJet E2SE (Not a QJet) # 17086432 in a 1984 GM 2.8L V6 (FBody). The carb # specific rebuild kit did not include one (nor did other kits I looked at).

I'm looking for a replacement rubber seal that goes on the bottom of the Mixture Control Solenoid (down in float bowl). Mine is shot but my solenoid is otherwise perfectly OK.

Appreciate any suggestions on where I might source one of these rubber seals. I'm toying with the idea of stacking some rubber o-rings or maybe something out of a plumbing/faucet application. Local major parts stores (AZone, NAPA, etc.) don't offer the seal.

You can see the black rubber seal on the end in the images below...

Thanks

loadhawg

It should have been in the kit!

I've done hundreds of those carbs. You can go to an auto parts stores, and ask them if they have an assortment of Nitrile O-Rings. Usually green or blue.

The black ones won't work well, as the gas softens them up. The black ones in the kit are made of Viton Rubber, the assortments are usually a cheap grade rubber.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
Refinish King