Is motorcraft now autolite?

You mean Bosch Platinums?

I've tested those once, 30 years ago, and quickly threw them away as pure junk.

I have excellent experience with Bosch parts otherwise. Perhaps mostly due to having german cars as daily drivers.

I have had excellent experience with NGK spark plugs since the 60:s, and I try to get them for everything but the four ground electrode VAG plugs, where I normally buy OEM.

I see that NGK appears to have different series of plugs in Europe and the US. I have used (euro) BPR5FS, BPR6FS and BP7FS in my 351C, but these are very expensive here, and I've tried to locate them in the US, but it seems NGK recommends UR-4 there, which I have never seen here.

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Yeah, you can put any plug in any vehicle, but they run better with the proper plug.. A customer of ours puts Champion in anything & everything.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Back in the 1980s I owned a Vespa moped I bought second hand.I couldn't find any spark plug that would work for more than a week or so.One day I was at an auto junk yard and I saw an old junk Russian car sitting there.I asked the guy if I could buy the spark plugs from the car.He gave me the spark plugs for free.Those old spark plugs worked just fine for my moped. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I should have been more specific- yes, I meant Bosch Platinum plugs

The Mopar world has had rotten luck with Bosch O2 sensors, leading to repeated documentation that not all Bosch-branded aftermarket O2 sensors are of the same design, even with the same part number. But other than that, I've had decent luck with Bosch parts. And one Bosch coffee maker that still works after 17 years of daily use.

Reply to
Steve

I thought that had happened on the Bosch plugs I used in my mustang. I was able to dig up some illustrations online (after 80K miles I didn't remember what they looked like to start with) and found they start that way new out of the box. Slightly recessed in the ceramic. Other than some light normal deposits the plugs I removed looked like the new ones in the pictures. I took the extra effort to go to where I could get motorcraft plugs and used those. I only had bosch in there because I decided to go with what was easy to get before.

Reply to
Brent P