Is my car salvaged?? URGENT

Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at Carfax. It has a clean title but at the bottom of the report it said sold at auction listed as salvage. No red flags just that statement. I live in Arizona and that is where I bought it. It came from New Mexico. I called New Mexico DMV and they said it was clean too. I called an auto auction and they said they sale a good but hard to sale cars in a Salvage auction. The reason I am so concern is I am getting an Extended warranty and after I have it and need to use it I don't want them saying It is a salvage car and not pay for repairs.I did disclose this to the warranty Co. but they want money no skin of them they have my money. I really need the true answer. I looked up many Carfax cars and never saw this on any car I looked up. I have a clean title from Arizona too. Thank you!!

Please click here then scroll down

lovegoogle

If your car got listed as 'salvage'. then that is what is is.

No used car place will put that title on unless they 'have' to because it cuts the value of the vehicle by less than half at least usually.

You bought scrap metal, sorry. The junk yard will pay at least $50.00 for it around here, sometimes a bit more.

Is it one of those flood vehicles they dumped into/across a couple states to confuse the DMV paper trail?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Hello, I bought a car from a private party then I looked it up at

Mike Romain

Holy shit.....

Are other people as paranoid about this stuff as I am?? Man, I was already spooked enough to always go new, and hold it forever. Now I"m more spooked. All the homework the OP did, too....

My thing is, I"m too lazy to really cover my ass. So I go new... and even then.... the fukn dealer on my Honda Fit tried to sneak in the destination charge TWICE! Muthafuckas....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

But like I said i called New Mexico DMV and they have a clean title. That is the only place it would have salvage. I don't know I'm still mixed up someone emailed me it was good. I wish a auction or car dealer would reply.

Reply to
lovegoogle

It may have been list as a salvage vehicle AT the auction ONLY. If it had never been reported as scrap or wrecked to the DMV then the title would be clear. Some vehicles get put up for auctions as salvage IF they are high mileage, poor trades, blown engine/trans, vehicles that are poor sales items. They were never wrecked but could cost more than wholesale cost to rebuild or may be sold just for the parts. Personally I wouldn't worry about it IF the vehicle is in good shape, and has a warrantee.

Reply to
Steve W.

A place I once worked for used to buy salvage vehicles. They were strip outs - missing seats, front ends, engines, etc. We would replace the missing parts and resell them and hopefully make a few hundred on each vehicle.

Reply to
PauL

Where was it registered 'before' MN?

I have worked in car lots and been to auctions and believe me a 'salvage' vehicle is usually sold for parts because it is worth no money as it sits.

If it was listed as an insurance write off so the owner got his full value for it and a wrecker paid fifty or so for it, fixed whatever and tried to sucker someone by selling it as 'whole' again by flipping states.

They do that here in Canada too because the different provinces are not linked for DMV data.

I had one friend bring me 4 different cars to look at and 'all' of them had 'serious' extensive repairs done, the paint as still wet on one that 'had never been in a accident'. Every freaking one had only been registered in this province for a short time and they were to a leasing company or it's owner.

Good Luck!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Please read the Carfax report link I put on my question. It was reg in CA. first then auction in NM then Here in AZ. I still don't have a clear answer.

lovegoogle

Also the car is an S model no air no power locks or windows no tilt wheel very basic. I did add air since I bought it. I just want to know if my warranty is good that is all that is on my mind it runs great and has 29000 miles

Reply to
lovegoogle

text -

More bad news!

It has liens registered against it too!

This car was written off and jumped around a $tealership network to confuse the paper trail and maybe to try and lose the 'real' owner or lien holder.

It was then written off as salvage in NM for whatever reason and a new title had to be issued in 'another' state because it is ILLEGAL in New Mexico to re-register a junk pile or 'salvage' vehicle.

I got this from the Carfax site, click on the 'salvage' link beside the titles problem section for this above info.

You 'really' bought a bad vehicle, sorry.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Not even factoring in the salvage issue, most extended warranties are useless in any case.

Don

Don

answer.http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailReport.do?a=X8Pk1jYjQ%2BYM9mq56JsqxK6z...>

I just went to my MVD and showed them the title they gave me and the carfax report and they said all is fine in a nut shell. Thanks for your replies. I should hve done this a long time ago. She also said that salvage can mean the car wasn't worth selling it is a very basic auto. As for a liens a lien is when u borrow to pay for car. I don't need anymore replies I got the answer from the MVD. Thanks

Reply to
lovegoogle

-

answer.http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailReport.do?a=X8Pk1jYjQ%2BYM9mq56JsqxK6z...>> More bad news!

Here in Canada the lien holder is the legal owner and can come and take the car at any time.

The guy who bought it in New Mexico spotted the lien and scrapped the vehicle as salvage so it could get a new title in another state.

Have you ever seen the 'repo man' TV show. LOL!

I bought one Jeep with a lien. I had to call long distance to the bank that held it to get them to officially close the loan and fax that to me before I would finalize the vehicle purchase.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

I had a Ford Taurus and had a extended warranty. I needed a new trans. the extended Warranty paid the $5,000 bill. I think they are great.I paid $989.00 for the warranty.

Reply to
lovegoogle

$5000 seems awfully high for even a complete transmission replacement. In any case I am happy for you that received more on your claim than what the warranty cost you. That circumstance is extremely rare. Far more common is not having received a dime in claims when the contract expires. Also common is for warranty companies to go bankrupt.

Don

Don

Why so negitive. This Place Has been in business 1989 and with BBB. And if you ever had work at a dealer the smallest job is $1000 so a transmission would be $5,000. They are high but skin of my back with the warranty. I don't believe ex Warranties are good for small thing you buy at the store but big things like a car is well worth it. It also has ware and tear. I am a skeptic and I researched the warranty thing for days.

Reply to
lovegoogle

I once had my oil changed at a dealer for under $800!

Reply to
clifto

Great sig, btw.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

The only way a warranty company can stay afloat is to pay out far less $$$ than they take in. Operating expenses, commissions etc. eat up the bulk of the premiums. Overall those members of the public that purchase these lose big time.

Don

Don

Basically with an aftermarket warranty you are prepaying the cost of repairs up front and betting (or hoping) that your car will incur enough repairs including deductibles to offset the cost of the warranty and then some. It is usually a bet that the warranty companies win.

Reply to
John S.