Is my car salvaged?? URGENT

I just prefer not to buy cars that require big ass repair bills like that... lol...

Reply to
ray

Such as?? CR recommended cars? Other ways to tell? Edmunds gives a "true cost to own". Don't know how well it factors in reliability/repairs.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following ten States also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles

- AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

Reply to
Ron Schofield

down

Is there some reason you didn't run the carfax report BEFORE buying the car rather than after? I would worry about this being a car that was junked in a natural disaster like the Katrina hurricane.

Reply to
John S.

Then there is this, it has liens on it and was sent to salvage in another state then sold to get a new title in yet another state to try and lose the paper trail so the repo man can't come and take it back for the 'real' owner or lien holder, so....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

How much was the deductible?

Reply to
Tim B

I used to work at a dealer where we used to sell Salvage Title vehicles all the time. Of course, in MASS, youy *HAVE* to tell the buyer it's a Salvage Title car.

And I also used to sell Extended Warranties. No Problem!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B