Is there a good toyota (4runner) free owners club out there?

For many automobile makes & models, there are perfectly good absolutely free web page automobile clubs consisting entirely of owners helping each other (plus a few adverts to pay the bills).

For example, for Nissan and Infiniti, there's the best out there

faqs, absolutely fantastic prices, articles, TSBs, pointers to the FSM, mechanics on line, (whatever you need). Then again, there are so called 'owners clubs' merely designed to rob the unsuspecting soul (me) of my precious dollars.

My 1998 Toyota 4Runner just died (check engine light went on for a few days and then shut off) and I'm in need of whatever the free owners club of choice is for Toyota vehicles. I hope to ask questions and to give back as much as I can.

Can you give me a pointer to the best Toyota owners club (similar to the nico site mentioned for Nissan & Infiniti)?

Mary

Reply to
My Kids Mom

You won't find a good Toyota owners club simply because none exist.

For some reason, Toyota owners are on the bottom of the barrel when it comes to working on their cars. They can just point.

Best to buy Nissan and go to the owners clubs there (as you noted) where the real enthusiasts are.

DIY Klutz

Reply to
DIY Klutz