Is there any problem mixing Euro and US fuel in the tank?

I jus imported a car from US into Europe. There's some fuel left in the tank and now I have to fill it with euro fuel.

Both are unleaded. Is there any problem mixing the two fuels?. Is there any problem muxing different octane fuel, 87 us and 97 europe?

Do I have to drain the US fuel out of the tank before filling up with the new fuel?

Thanks

Reply to
Perdit

It's highly unlikely that "euro" and US fuel are hypergolic, so go for it, just fill up the tank.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

The difference is about 5 octane. EU uses RON. US uses R+M/2. If your car can run on US 87 (EU 92), than it can run on EU 97 (US 92).

Reply to
« Paul »

The car will definately have a tendency to want to drive in miles instead of kilometers. I have the same problem in Canada when I visit the US. It may take some time to burn out the US fuel, but it can be done.

Drive safely with your confused car. :)

Reply to
pete selby