Is this a good deal?

Domestic_Auto_Repair_Manuals_1983-2002_CD_Set for $45 plus $5 shipping?

No, I'm not pushing the product. I may order it! because the cost of just a couple haynes manuals would equal it. Does anyone know the quality of the product this person is offering? Is the information as detailed as the haynes manuals?

I sure wouldn't want to spend my money on junk but for someone that buys a car every few months and finds themself wishing they had a haynes manual this thing could pay for itself rather easily.

Reply to
August

Even though the CD has virtually all vehicle info on it, they only give you access to one vehicle, so you'd have to buy additional CDs for every car you own. Not worth it, IMO.

Not to mention that when I'm up to my elbows in grease, I'm not going to my PC to look at schematics or exploded views to make sure I'm putting my stuff back together correctly. A paper service manual is much handier.

KennyH

Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.

Reply to
KHanawalt

"KHanawalt"

If digital, then Alldata DIY is best at 25 bucks a year per car.

If paper, the factory manual makes Chilton and Hayes seem like a waste of time.

- Nate

Reply to
Nate

Reply to
<rusto11

Seller says that the product is Mitchell on Demand.

Reply to
August

Do they make a Ford Taurus factory manual? And how do you get it? The ford dealership won't let me look at their "shop manual". And they told me it isn't available for sale either (the "shop manual").

Reply to
August

Yes, the seller confirms that it is Mitchell on Demand but what concerns me is another poster that claims you only get one car. The ad made it look like you get everything for one low price.

If it doesn't come with the install software then what does that mean?

software is much better than paper. u have to be

I would imagine you are correct, sir.

Reply to
August

Helminc.com $125 for your 1992 Taurus. I like paper much more than the CD version.

Reply to
« Paul »

Not true, according to the seller. You can access every car. Surprises me too but I guess it's worth it.

Reply to
August

The question is whether this contains generic information or information specific to a certain make and model car. If generic, it is expensive. If specific, I would not bother because I prefer paper to a computer.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez