Japanese cars and ball joints

I've got 96,000 on my Nissan.

I live in a region where the streets freeze up and the roads crack.

I try to dodge every manhole cover and rough patch of road.

How long would my ball joints last? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
geo pearl

My 2000 Malibu has 200K miles on it and the original "ball joints".

1999 Saturn has 113K and original parts. 92 Explorer 166K and all original parts. A friend on mine has run a Couple of Maxima's to well past 150K without doing any front end work. So unless you find that your model Nissan has an unusual history of wearing out parts there's no good way to answer your question. You need to take it to a couple shops and ask them to "check it out" and see what answers you get.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher

All of my vehicles have gone 225k+ miles without needing ball joints except for the Pontiac (due to a torn ball joint cover). Just watch the covers and they should be ok. No freeze or gravel roads here though.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX