jetta won't start quickly

I have to wait 15 minutes after starting my 200 jetta in the morning (hot or cold weather) or it stalls. If it sits more than an hour during the day, I have to do it again. Any ideas?

Reply to
misskitty

Not much to go on but let me venture a guess. (Assuming you mean a "2000 Jetta) Most likely possible causes:

Vacuum leak ( or induction leak) Maybe even oil filler cap or dip stick not sealing properly)

EGR valve stuck open

insufficient fuel delivery. (restricted fuel filter, weak fuel pump)

ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor faulty , reading skewed too warm

Excessive alcohol content in fuel.

just to name a few.

Reply to
Kevin

Thanks! Now I know where to start looking.

Reply to
misskitty

Do you mean a 2000 Jetta? If so it is OBDII and should have the system analyzed with an OBDII tester before you start throwing parts at it.

Reply to
Woody