KBB vs Edmunds

I'm trying to get true value for a vehicle that I'm considering and these two source are giving me fairly different true market values. Also kelly blue book states that it only apparaises vehicles in perfect condition but even so the price difference reported is fairly significant. In your opinion which one of these two sources give more accurate information about a vehicle's true price. Just in case it matters the car under consideration is Mitsubishi Gallant 2002 SE in good condition.

thank you very much

Reply to
asdf

I wouldnt set my clock by either of them.

Your opinion of "good condition" may vary from the potential buyer's. If you live in an area where unemployment is high, or traditional income levels are low, you will not get the same as you might get in a different area.

Use both as reference materials, but in the final tally, your car is only worth what you can get for it.

You might ask a local banker what he would lend against it.

Reply to
HLS

I see what you mean..I took a typical 4 cylinder model and found about a grand difference in price.

My counsel still stands. Use these as benchmarks. Consider the condition of the car, how badly the seller wants to move the car, and the part of the country where you find it.

IIRC, Mitsu's of that era are not particularly sought after. I would bid low, and back away. Wait for an acceptance or a counter offer. Play it like a hand of poker.

Reply to
HLS

KBB is generally geared for sellers. Use this to print the sticker, and then take the

price for the car...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B