lack of power

Question for the tech's. Try to give as much info as possible here: I have a 93 GMC that has a lack of power during acceleration. I had to replace the battery. Truck sat for about a week without being ran, (before battery change) after battery change and letting truck idle for a bit to warm it up, it seemed to have no power. Was also backfiring up through the TB. I took it for a drive and had to return home, as I had no power. After opening hood when I got home I noticed the exhaust manifolds were glowing red-hot. I checked timing, checked battery connections, grounds etc. checked voltage at battery and at alternator. Everything checked out ok. I looked to see if the exhaust pipes were plugged, nope! It seems to do it more when at operating temp. Also it idles just fine. When I give it some gas it loses the power. Could the timing chain have jumped a tooth?? Or would I be hearing backfiring all the time, not just off idle?

Reply to
bluesky8130