larger A/C condenser?

I've been using Freeze 12 in my 1990 Plymouth Voyager, and it cools ok, but not as well as it used to with R12. I had an A/C expert tell me that one reason my car isn't a good candidate for an R134a retrofit is that the condenser is so small.

The other day I was working on another Chrysler car (Dodge Dynasty) and it had a much wider condenser with what appeared to be the same interface to the rest of the A/C system. My Voyager has lots of room in front, which got me to thinking...

If I can find a way to make it fit, might I get improved performance from the air conditioner if I switch to a larger condenser?

Thanks for any suggestions... David

Reply to
David B. Thomas