Leak/s and "dangling" sometlhingorother, 91 Escort Wagon

My knowledge of cars is more than rudimentary but far short of expert or anywhere near that.

Within the past 12 months, I have noted fluid under my car after I parked (small, quarter-sized dots, brownish or darker). The check oil light would go on, so I checked and added oil. Mechanic said i added too much oil too often and and he drained the old stuff, replaced filter, etc.

Leak persisted, this time with Add coolant light going on too often. Put in new water pump and reservoir, also timing belt, etc.

Then the check brakes light kept flashing and I added brake fluid several times to reservoir. Mechanic subsequently put in new master cylinder and did what he does.

The car runs really nice (only 88,000 miles on it), but it still has the leak. And today I noticed that some part, probably a cover or shroud (shaped part) is partly loose. It is under the engine on driver's side, but I can't do anything about it. On a rough road, it seems to bang on the ground.

Can anyone suggest what to look for next? or what to redo? I'd like to keep this wagon a little longer, but I don't want to drive an unsafe car.

Thanks -- Judy

Reply to
Jayebea