Leaking Fluid Unknown

I have a 1982 Dodge 400 2.2l I noticed that my car has been leaking numerous puddles of a yellowish fluid with what looks like extremely fine silver dust. My master brake cylinder was low. Could brake fluid have the fine dust in it? Also, when i accelerate from an idle, i hear a slight ding ding ding sound. this doesn't happen if i accelerate with teh brake pedal depressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I know it is not engine oil

Reply to
kengast

I think you are getting ready to blow a brake line. You better check the lines from front to back, although the puddle area should suggest where to concentrate. My best "Carmack" (Johnny Carson) guess is the left front brake hose or line.

Reply to
Al Bundy

My vote would be for the line, not the hose. Sounds like the brake line is rubbing against the frame or a suspension component, which would explain metal dust in the puddle.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Sounds more like coolant antifreeze with some aluminum stop-leak in it.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

That could be a really good possibility. Leaking from welch plugs, maybe?

Reply to
<HLS

I have found the poblem. it's an atf leak out of the bell housing. i guess the brakes were just low

Reply to
kengast

Sounds like your ding-ding-ding is grinding away at something. And your ATF is pee colored. Not a healthy set of symptoms.

Reply to
<HLS