License Plate Frames

Hello, all. I know this seems like a simple question but many custom license plate frames have only two holes for screws at the top. The rear plate mounting location on a car often uses 4 screws. Do most of you in this situation find 2 holes sufficient for secure mounting without the plate flapping around? Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

Answer is Yes, if well mounted on the top holes. I dont particularly like it, but in my case there is no obvious alternative.

Reply to
hls

You can always use 3M double sided foam tape or velcro (industiral style...resists water better...)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

License plate frames? Why?

Reply to
Pete C.

A bunch of frames will have a lip at the bottom to hold the plate in place so just having the two top holes will hold it good enough (for the front plate). For the rear putting two in the top should be good enough, but 4 is always better.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Hello, and thanks to all who responded. Why? I just wanted to tout my undergrad Alma mater, Virginia Tech. Go Hokies! Sincerely,

Reply to
J. B. Wood