Lincoln Strange Noise

I just purchased a 96 Cartier Town Car about 4 weeks ago. 86,000 Miles. When I put the key in and before I start the engine a clicking sound starts under the dash just under the radio. I thought it may be something to do with the heater but It makes the noise without the air or heater being on. It is a constant click like a blade catching something. It goes away after about 1-2 miles? Any ideas are appreciated

Reply to
Mike Davies

It's just the blend doors changing position. I have two Lincolns, and they both do it, as they have for years. When you shut the car off after using the heat or A/C, you may also hear the clicking for a while as the doors adjust to the default defrost position, WITHOUT the key in the ignition!

Mike Davies wrote:

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Its a leaf/unpaid bill/rolling paper/condom wrapper stuck in the fan assembly. Only solution is hope it goes away or remove it.

Reply to
Anthony Q. Bachler