Little Deuce Coupe

I always thought they sung "big slip daddy" referring to the differential. But looked up lyrics and it is "pink slip" so they raced for registration papers of other car. Funny how mis-heard lyrics fits better...

Reply to
pedro1492

You are going to drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln......

Reply to
JR

Only sissy racers will race for registration papers.

Reply to
dsi1

"JR" Scribble:

Hey, buddy! How can I get this car out of second gear?

Sanity Clause

I was told that a "pink slip daddy" was a dual-ratio differential, called that because engaging it was an instant invitation for a speeding ticket.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

You heard wrong. You must not have been of age in the 60's.

Reply to
.

I've never seen a dual ratio rear end but it seems like a pretty good idea.

Reply to
dsi1

:-) To make it fair, the loser would have to pay the reg fee.

I think that out-of-towners don't know the difference.

Reply to
The Real Bev

You'll lose her in the turns!...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

OK, now that makes sense! Guys with fast cars deserve a break. :)

Reply to
dsi1

I drove an MAN truck with one, but never heard of them on cars.

Reply to
pedro1492