loosing Heat.

I have a 97 f150 with a coolant problem. In the morning when truck is cold the temp gauge comes up to temperature then I loose the heat and the temp gauge goes to cold. Temp gauge starts rising past normal going to hot then drops to normal and heat returns. The system has been flushed 4 times, heater core has been changed, and thermostat has been changed 3 times. The cylinder sensor has been changed along with the radiator and cap. What do I do? Bob

Reply to
ramoiojr

Water pump and/or drive belt comes to mind based on the other things you have tried.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Or air trapped in the system.

Of course I'm still trying to figure out how heat gets "loose" ;)

Reply to
Steve

check the water pump and belt. check for kinked hoses

Reply to
AZ Nomad

or collapsed heater hoses, or blockage of some sort in any hoses.

One other possibility is a blocked heater core.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

Are you losing coolant?

-jim

Reply to
jim

By loose (lose) the heat do you mean that no heat comes from the heater?

Reply to
John S.

Yes I lose heat not heat at all. Temp Gauge goes to cold then past normal with still no heat then drops back to normal heat returns.

Reply to
ramoiojr