Lost my key for S10 chev pick up 2000 help?

I ordered a key from my dealership, it would open the door but won't start the ignition also won't let me change the gear. I'm thinking of dissabling the security device that they say has a magnet that would identify only my original key. I parked in a alternate parking and I already receive two ticket for not moving it. Need help ASAP Any advice?

Reply to
jocen18

Call the dealership and yell. You don't have the correct key.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

How much did the key cost? If it was the correct key for the ignition, it has RFID embedded in the plastic end and generally costs $75. These keys are programmed to only start the car they were meant for.If you got a key for $3, all it would do is open the door for you.

Reply to
mrjeff99

I get those keys reproduced at a lock shop all the time for less than $20.

If the pellet is not the right one (and it is easy to check them), of course the key wont work in the ignition.

It is fairly easy to bypass the security system permanently, or you can repair if you like.

Reply to
<HLS