LOUD CLICK OR CLANK NOISE WHEN HIT BUMP

WHENEVER DRIVING AND I HIT EVEN A SMALL BUMP OR POTHOLE I HEAR A VERY LOUD CLICK OR CLANK NOISE. SOUNDS LIKE SUSPENSION PROBLEM COULD IT BE SHOCKS OR MORE LIKELY SOMETHING ELSE?

Reply to
BigMacJuiced

Sounds like that teletype you use needs to be strapped down a little better.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Disc brake components, especially when not assembled correctly or when worn, can clank and rattle this way. Doesn't necessarily mean they are bad.

I also had a broken bolt holding a suspension arm do this once. Was darn hard to find as the bolt appeared normal when viewed from both exposed ends. It had broken in the middle. Wasn't dangerous in this case (if you can believe that). I believe this type of failure is rather rare.

There are lots of things that will clanks like this, and it would be wise to take a close look.

Reply to
<HLS

funny guy, but only serious replies needed

Reply to
BigMacJuiced

Struts, strut mounts, control arm bushings, etc would be the first place I would look based on my experience with the same type of noise.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood