LOUDER turn signal indicator for car which none is compatible

2008 Kia Optima 4cyl.

I'm always leaving turn blinkers on after lane changes and shallow turns.

What are my options?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:df1108e5-997d-47ef-83f8- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Start paying more attention.

Reply to
Tegger

One option is to buy a used Ford truck as I just did. When you use either signal, the wipers come on. It's more entertaining than a mere blinker light.

Reply to
AMuzi

Wiper turns on with the blinkers? I Like that.

Reply to
JR

It's actually a pretty good vehicle overall. 5.3 liter, lots of power. I've never owned a truck with power steering before; very easy to maneuver in a parking lot. Good value for $1500.

Plus, Ford isn't run by an illegitimate communist regime as some big names (GM) are now. I'm learning to like Fords.

Reply to
AMuzi

Ah, you got the loverly multi-function stalk. Is it new enough that it doesn't have that execrable "twin I beam" front end?

I still liked my dad's '73 Chevy better than my '93 Ford... the Chevy was better in just about every way, although the Ford was pretty bulletproof... it was just slower, didn't handle as well (by FAR!), less comfortable, etc. etc. etc.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Odd little short in the multifunction switch... usually something just stops working.

Reply to
Brent

Don't push the stalk past the detent but manually hold it down to activate the blinkers. You'll never forget again. If I'm going to do a full turn, I'll push it all the way but there's no reason that you couldn't hold it down all the time.

Reply to
dsi1

Now that I think about it, on my Ford the signals would self-cancel after a lane change, too. Really kind of annoying as I'd end up manually holding the stalk so the blinkers would stay on e.g. if I were going to turn right or left but there was a turn lane that I had to enter first. Exact opposite of the OP's problem I guess!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

dsi1 wrote in news:kvoh2o$mmf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I suppose it's possible the OP doesn't know this, in which case my sarcastic reply may have been out of line.

If the OP will *VERY GENTLY AND SLOWLY* press down (or lift up) on the signal lever, he will find that the signal will begin blinking BEFORE the lever clicks into a different position from its rest position. If the OP then stops pushing on the lever, it will automatically pop back to its rest position and the signal will turn off. What he has just done is invoke what is referred to as the "lane change" function. This is what he needs to invoke rather than shoving the lever to the limit of its travel where it sticks there.

The "lane change" function will be explained in the Owner's Manual, but may be referred to by a different name.

Reply to
Tegger

Every motor vehicle ever made has some foible or another. I bought this big hulking Ford for a moving project and, aside from the almost-cute turn signal thing, it's been a good truck.

Reply to
AMuzi

Possibly, he just needs someone to reassure him that it's okay to do this. When we have self-driving cars, we won't have to put up with these difficult problems of modern life. I plan on taking a nap every chance I get.

Reply to
dsi1

for lack of foibles, I like the Kraut burners. Unfortunately, they don't make a good 3/4 ton pickup, or at least not one that I can easily buy over here. (a G-wagen just isn't in the budget, awesome as it would be.)

All of the controls just tend to feel good, even on some really lowly machinery - the turn signal stalk on an old 914 could be a case study in exactly what a proper turn signal control should feel like.

Now before JB jumps in... BMW has gone full gadget lately; the turn signal in particular takes some real getting used to as it is a momentary electronic switch, not a mechanical one (cancelling is accomplished by a steering position sensor) and while it still feels great and solid and works well, there's an adjustment curve, and it is different from everything else I've ever driven. After a day or two you grow to like it, but I question the wisdom of taking something that has been basically unchanged since the 50's and making it different just because you can.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Install a 12v piezo beeper. They cost about $6 US. You won't even have to splice wires. Just jam the wires up the backside of the t/s the plug under the dash and tape in place. They can be made quieter by putting a piece of tape over the hole.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

i simply have to ask - to /which/ regime do you refer???

Reply to
jim beam

if you really can't hear it, and really want to, then install a $2.49 piezo buzzer from radio shack. wire between the turn signal flasher relay "hot" and ground, and you're done.

Reply to
jim beam

+6.02x10²³
Reply to
T0m $herman

Uh, you do know that Communists and neo-cons are basically the same people with a different name?

Reply to
T0m $herman

Yes I knew that. Your point, as regards Ford, was what exactly?

Reply to
AMuzi

Henry Ford (along with Charles Lindbergh) was vilified for telling the truth about the Banksters and Communists.

Reply to
T0m $herman