Low coolant light sensor malfuction

CAR ----------> 1989 Ford Escort SITUATION --> Low coolant light on, but coolant level ok

-----------------> in both radiator and overflow tank. QUESTIONS:

A Google search tells me the sensor is in the overflow tank. Is this correct? I've never had this happen before in any car. Is this a common problem? If I replace the sensor and still have the problem, I guess I have a problem elsewhere?

TIA for any advice.

Reply to
Wm.(Bill) Warning

I think you just disconnect the coolant light wire at the overflow tank and your light goes off. Or just take it out and wash the thing.

Reply to
Indian Summer