Lucas Engine Oil treament: Good? Bad?

This stuff worth the money?

Especially is car is puffing blue smoke when started on cold morning? ( bad valve guides or bushings)

Reply to
me

if it's not using more then a quart every 1000 and not fouling plugs but just puffing for a few seconds on start up there's not much point in worrying about it.

My S-10 has been puffing on start up for 5 years. Plugs look perfect. I change the oil (synthetic) once a year, which is about 10,000 miles and don't even have to add oil at all during the year.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Try Motor Honey - it's cheaper and equally as ineffective.

Reply to
Radioguy

Snake Oil, is what it is.

Two for the Road movie is on the FMC channel right now.

She said, Remember the old MG? Which birthday of mine was it when you gave yourself that? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Quick question if I may. I've seen the commercials and the mechanic shows with them plugging it, but what *exactly* is it supposed to do? *If* it thins the oil, you're using too heavy a grade, if it thickens, you're using too light a grade. What else is there that's *not* handled by the oil itself?

Reply to
fred

On the web, History of Lucas engine oil treatment

And there is Rislone and Wynns and twenty or thirty dozen other sooper dooper engine oil treatments that promise everything under the Sun. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Well, aside from thinning oil occasionally mentioned - which *isn't* a good thing if you're using the right oil, I have heard *nothing*. Even Their web site says little more than "better lubricants". I guess it's like fishing lures and cosmetics - make *any* and market them and you'll sell them.

Reply to
fred

"fred" wrote: I've seen the commercials and the mechanic shows with them plugging it, but what *exactly* is it supposed to do? If it thins the oil, you're using too heavy a grade, if it thickens, you're using too light a grade. What else is there that's *not* handled by the oil itself? ______________________________________________________________

Apply directly to the forehead.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan