MAP sensor

Have a Infiniti 2001 QX4. In cruise control the engine surges as if I were stepping on gas pedal and letting up constantly. Have had GM and Ford vehicles that ran smooth under same conditions. Are the Japanese vehicles different in this respect? I changed the air intake filter and had slight improvement. Wondering if the MAP sensor would cause this? No codes show up.

Reply to
Warren Weber