Mazda 3 transmission fluid

Hi All,

I own a new 2005 mazda 3. This past regular oil change, the garage told me I had to have my transmission fluid changed b/c it was dark in color and not red which indicates that its clean. My car is only at 33,000km and under full warranty and I was surprised to hear that. I didn't have it changed b/c I was not sure about it.

Also, last check up at around 24K, my air filter was changed b/c it was really dirty. They gave me no choice and changed the filter.

I am no car expert and am wondering if this is all "normal." I am starting to think, is there a link between the air filter and the transmission fluid and there is something wrong with the car?? Or maybe they're doing unnecessary services or maybe's is all needed work???

Any insight would be great!

Thanks Jeans

Reply to
jeannydhaliwal

Hi All

I have a new 2005 automatic Mazda 3. This past regular oil change, the garage brought to my attention that the transmission fluid needed to be changed b/c it was dark in color but should be red which indicates its clean. I was surprised about this, since my car is only at 33,000km. I asked them to hold off on the service but was told that it needs to be done asap.

Last time I was there at about 24,000km, the air filter was changed b/c it was really dirty and had to be changed without choice.

I am no car expert and am wondering, if this is all normal or should I be concerned there is something wrong with the car or that I'm being over charged for services that are not needed.

Thoughts?

Thanks Jeanny

Reply to
jeannydhaliwal