Mercedes ML pedal travel

I have a problem with the brake pedal travel on an ML 270CD 2000 model (w registered). With the engine running the pedal will travel to a hard spot which feels normal but then proceeds to sink until it almost hits the floor (where it stays solid).

The vehicle has had new Discs & Pads but has made no difference to pedal feel. I have bled the hydraulics with no effect and no air was apparent. Is there any special technique or sequence for bleeding brakes on the ML??

The vehicle has been tested by a main dealer on several occasions and they say it's OK but it feels all wrong! Surely Merdedes don't sell them like this new! I have heard rumours that the ML may have a problem with its pedal travel, can anyone shed any light on this??

Grateful for any advise

Bert

Reply to
Bert