Mighty Honda Civic

I busted an axle. Not the CV joint, the actual axle. From a standing start in a parking lot, without much throttle, trying to keep the speed down. Who says they don't have any torque? Well, I admit, it was a B16 engine, and it does have a loud exhaust and an $80 aftermarket oiled gauze intake filter. I guess that's what did the trick.

Reply to
gzuckier

wrote

Nah, I just got tired of the fart can noise, so I slid under the car while you were shopping, and hacksawed half-way through the axle. Film at 11.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

You want to play; you got to pay. The axle did not break from your low speed start. It became fatigued from all the other quick moves you made previously.

Reply to
Al Bundy