mileage for 84-87 Honda CRX

I am trying to find out which year and exactly the gas mileage of the CRX that got the great 60? mpg mileage in the middle 80s. Also a place to get mileage info of other cars would be good too.

Reply to redgreen202 at yahoo.

Reply to
xxx

Mike

Didn't you once duct-tape two Hyundai Ponies together?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That would be the HF version, which I believe was available in the

88-91 body style as well. A different charging system, final drive ratio in the transaxle, and possibly camshaft, along with EFI strategy changes were the differences between the HF and standard 1.5 liter Civics of that era. To say it was a dog is a royal understatement. It was probably more like 50 mpg, and you would have to lug around in a high gear to achieve that. 0-60 times were listed as "eventually".

Actually, I'll reply to the group. This isn't your personal one stop info source.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

I had a 1987 HF with carb that got 52 mpg on a trip to Detroit from Muskegon.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I remember the prevalent comment of the time was that "HF" stood for "horsepower-free." Good mileage but I would say 50 mpg would be a stretch.

Don

Don

My son had an HF that he clocked 50 Mpg with..

Reply to
Bob Johnstone

How big a sail did he use?

Reply to
clifto

Ha! That sounds about right RE: 'HF'. I worked at a Honda dealer during the HF era (a prouder time there likely will never be) and must say that they were good for 50 mpg. Some of the older techs reported getting that kind of mpg also during their mandated trips for new model training. That was before my time. New model training became a room of guys and a VCR by the time I signed on.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Stick shift and 55 mph