Mitchell on Demand

Does anyone have a newer up to date Mitchell for sale? My computer crashed hard and had to set up a new system. I have Mitchell 1998 version but my boot floppies are bad and my computer tech couldn't retreive any info off them. Please help me as my job relies on daily use of this program.............Thanks, Dale

Reply to
FiatfreakX19

Can't Mitchell help you out? If you called them and requested some boot floppies, wouldn't they send them at a small charge if any? Seems like the least they could do for a paying customer!

Reply to
mZ

Aaahhh, but what we have here is not a paying customer. I'd guess if his job really does depend on Mitchell he better call them up and get ready to part with some major dollars. Bob

Reply to
Bob

What does it sell for? I have it as convenience to work on my own cars, its not worth more than $20 to me.

Reply to
bas_ass

it's subscriber web based now. and not worth the money. get alldata. i recall the old mitchell needed a dongle also. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

A one year lease is appx. $2800.00

How many different vehicles do you work on in a given day?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Perhaps it is. It is also available on CD or DVD.

Each has it's strong points and weak points.

Not needed now, hasn't been needed in at least the last ten years.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Aaahhh, but what we have here is not a paying customer. I'd guess if his job really does depend on Mitchell he better call them up and get ready to part with some major dollars. Bob

*Well your right Bob, you can't buy it outright you have to lease it and yes its about $259/mo with about $169 down for a year. I have an old set of Mitchell (1998) and my computer took a nose dive and my old boot up disks are no good and had a computer tech try and recover anything off the disk with no avail. I've been looking for anyone with just the bootup disk, I got one reply with attachments and can't seem to get them going. So, I've been kinda looking for a newer version anyway because of all the computer krap in cars now days...........Dale
Reply to
FiatfreakX19

The boot discs are -one time use- only, to prevent non paying people from using the information.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

I am sure there is some way around that. If the right person gets a hold of it...

Reply to
Uncle Dodo

There is a way around it, Im the right person

Reply to
bas_ass

None. I own a vehicle I work on every few months. My family has a few more that use it a couple times a year (if that).

Reply to
bas_ass

I'm not a computer whiz or anything but it seems impossible to copy that boot disc. I do subscribe to Mitchell but it would sure be nice to be able to run it on my other computer. Bob

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote

You have to have the right boot discs....which I do.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I have an older version from when I worked as a Mitchell tech support rep. I made a copy of the bootdisk using a program called Tele-Disk. When the bootdisk is used, it is written to so as to make it uninstallable again. I only used the copies for installing, and kept the originals for making new copies. And NO, I will not give them to anyone.........

Reply to
null_pointer

Well why not.....some body needs to get with the sharing idea and start spreading the love....Mitchells is way overpriced... Too bad mechanics are not like the gamers and movie sharers..you can get anything from them.

Reply to
Uncle Dodo

"Uncle Dodo" wrote

You are right, it's hard to come by any of this stuff. I found a 13 cd set a few years back, but of course it's rapidly going out of date. It's useful for older vehicles. Whoever released it was kind enough to crack the install discs, so you can re-install it whenever you want.

Recently, I found a Mitchell labor time guide...it's quite good. You have to do some searching around, and of course, this stuff goes out of date quickly as far as bulletins and stuff like that.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hey Ian I tried to email you and it bounced. You can get me at snipped-for-privacy@charter.net if you would. Just take out the crap. Thanks. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Get an individual vehicle AllData subscription. It charges like $20 - something per car.

CFster

Reply to
CFster

Reply to