mobil1 "extended performance" 10W40 -- no more??

Did Mobil-1 stop producing 10W-40 grade oil as part of its synthetic 'Extended Performance' line, and if so, why? I haven't seen it available lately. I know it used to be because I've still got a bottle or two of it left. Thanks.

-The Derfer

I'm a snake, just snakin' around.

Reply to
The Derfer

Shep

The Derfer wrote in news:Xns9887A3F0527E4popoinch@

216.196.97.136:

I think it's been replaced by the new 5W-50 mix.

Reply to
Tegger

Synthetic doesn't play by the same rules.

Reply to
mandtprice

Reply to
Shep

I guess I should have known better than to try to drop some info into an oil thread. Let's argue about something more important next time.

Matthew

Reply to
mandtprice

They don't list a 10W40 automobile oil in the Mobil 1, Mobil 1 Extended Performance, or Clean 7500 (synthetic blend) parts of their website. Looks to me as though their only 10W40s are conventional oils.

They do make a synthetic 10W40 for a certain class of motorcycles, and an explanation of how it differs from an automobile oil and why. They stop short of saying outright that it shouldn't be used in cars, but one gets the distinct impression that it isn't meant for such service. They don't make any claims for extended drain interval with it.

Cheers,

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera