Modern cars equipped with "start" buttons...

that's how it works, all that vacuum that would be sucking air is now sucking against the fuel passages in the carbs. Not something you'd want to do every day, but if you're 40 miles from home, it's dark, and your car is exhibiting the classic symptoms of a bit of dirt in the carb...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Application "Brakes" not responding.

Would you like to submit an error report to Microsoft?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I live in Texas and know of no freeway or tollroad where 80 mph is the legal limit. Perhaps you can cite instances of this.

Reply to
hls

Im 68 years old, older than you , and NEVER remember a time when Texas did not have a speed limit, Cuhu.

We sometimes drove, especially in west Texas, like there was no limit, but AFAIK it never was totally open.

Reply to
hls

Name some. I have driven all over this state and have never seen your claimed limit.

Where?

Reply to
hls

Now, I researched the issue, and the law IS on the books.. But I have never seen an instance of it.

Reply to
hls