Modine radiator leaking thru brass tanks - not at seams!

The radiator in my suburban is seeping thru the brass of both tanks - not at seams, but in middle, where the brass has a tight radius to form reinforcing ribs. I have never seen a mid-tank seep before. The radiator is a lifetime warr. Modine I bought at a radiator shop 2-3/4 years ago.

I have a Stant cooling system checker, and an electronic pH meter. My rad. cap releases well below the 16 psi spec., and my pH is OK too. I run green coolant, and a thermostat of the original (hi-temp) spec.

You might ask why I am concerned, since I will get a new radiator free. The reason I am concerned is that r and r'ing it is a lot of work, and I would prefer not having to do it again in 2 or 3 years.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Henry

Reply to
Jim

Get that warranty replacement ASAP. My Modine radiator sprung a leak (pinhole) in the middle of nowhere last year. Used some radiator leak stopper temporarily, but in a week problem returned.

Reply to
Rajsircar