Motor racing legend Stirling Moss in intensive care after falling

three storeys.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional contributions to Road & Track. One of those rare people who was not only a good driver but an entertaining writer as well. Here's hoping for an uneventful recovery.

nate

Reply to
N8N

N8N wrote in news:7d8a551b-4dbb-4212-8484- snipped-for-privacy@g19g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

That was Innes Ireland, was it not? Ireland often wote in R&T, recounting tales of his and Moss's adventures.

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I'm pretty sure that they both did, as I seem to recall reading features by both. I do believe that Ireland was the more prolific of the two. Wouldn't mind having drinks with either of them, I don't think.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional contributions to Road & Track. One of those rare people who was not only a good driver but an entertaining writer as well. Here's hoping for an uneventful recovery.

nate

***** He was, and Im sure still is, a tough old bird. He survived worse than that in his Lotus.
Reply to
hls

That's a little frightening to think about; I fell about half as far onto a hard surface years ago (thread tie-in: the day before the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, so of course I was there walking around with my cracked ribs and swollen up wrist, kept having to go back to the beer tent to take the edge off the throbbing) and I don't think I'd like to try it from any greater height. Or the same, for that matter. Really, I try to avoid falling at all, because while it's fun while it lasts, the landing tends to hurt.

Haven't managed to injure myself in any automotive related mishap; I'd like to keep that streak going...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Brings up the question, Is he using public or private health care?

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

I dont know but the hospitals mentioned in the article have, or at least had, good reputations. 'When I lived in Europe, the public health care was, in general, excellent.

Some years ago in Mexico, the "Curz Verde" was not so good. A young man, tending his pigeons on a rooftop, fell to the street, and fearing "abduction" by the Cruz Verde, he dragged himself off the street and into his apartment building to avoid them.

Reply to
hls

Good god, that hurts just to read about it. Falling 3 stories onto concrete at any age let alone at 80 - gaaah. He must be a tough old sob.

Reply to
The Dark One