motorcraft 2150 too rich

How can I adjust this carb to reduce emissions? Much too high in idle and driving emission test. Plugs are a little black. Idle mixture screws adjust only idle not driving test correct?

Reply to
Martik

Man it's been a while, but I think that one has a "power valve" or whatever they called it, in the bottom of the bowl...known to stick and make them run really fat, like as if the choke were on all the time...it's an easy fix. just screws out like a little spark plug with the top of the carb removed....

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

jeffcoslacker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.nodomain.com:

you have to take the carb off and in front unerneath is a little bowl with 4 screws. the power valve is in there. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

That's it! I was trying to remember how it goes in...seems I had one that screwed into the bottom of the bowl internally? Like I said, it's been a long time...maybe that was on something else...still the most likely suspect, I think...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker