Motorsilk (Boron CLS) or Engine Restore with CSL, any experience with these?

I realize that most additives are snake oil and do nothing. However, I have heard good things about the Engine Restore stuff. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Thanx!

Reply to
Masospaghetti

I had an old !981 Datsun 310GX that I bought with 150,000 miles on it years ago. It always had a little trouble starting and mileage was rather poor with significant oil blow-by. At 165,000 miles I tried the engine restore that I believe uses a nano particulate aluminum filler. Suprisingly the restore worked wonders in this rig. No more oil consumption, excellent starting, and nearly factory spec mileage. I put in a can of restore at every oil change and the car ran great. When I decided to get rid of the car at 200,000 miles I did one last oil change and figured since Im ditching the car, heck with the restore. Car went back to burning oil, poor starting, and significant reduced mileage. I am a rather strong proponent against these modern snake oil products, but with a worn, loose engine the restore did an excellent job, although I did have to use it every oil change.

Reply to
ceraboy