Mr. Transmission rip-offs

Be very aware of using the Mr. Transmission franchise for auto repairs. I learned my leason when I was over $3000 poorer and had to have the dealer fix my vehicle when they got through with it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Should have asked me that 20+ years ago.

Reply to
mst

No more repair chains for me. I have learned my lesson.

Reply to
Andrew

Well, sue their asses off. Had you been reading the threads here, or had you asked, you might have saved the money.

Reply to
<HLS

If you have a FWD based car, you should have gone to Mr. Transaxle.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

I forgot to mention a story about trannys. My brother has an S-10 2-door, and has had the engine rebuilt TWICE and the tranny rebuilt TWICE. When the tranny went out the third time, I suggested we call around the junkyards to find a replacement tranny.

We found one - three of us spent about 3 hours yanking the old one and installing the used one. He's put more miles on that tranny than the two rebuids previous.

Interesting sidenote: his is a V-6/auto/2-wheel drive. I have an Isuzu Trooper with the same Chevy V-6, but mine is a 4WD/auto, and I have 40,000 more miles (almost

200k) and I've NEVER had any major engine or tranny problems.
Reply to
mst