muncie m20 yoke

Should a 1970 th350 yoke fit into the output shaft of a 1970 m20? Whe I try it it looks like the yoke diameter is too big for the shaft.

Please help!

thanks,

gbl3800

Reply to
gbl3800

They're not the same, the TH350 has a 27 spline output shaft while the Muncie is 32 spline.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Well the first thing you have to do is make sure that it's an M-20 and make sure the Turbo transmission isn't actually a Turbo 400.It sounds like you have a Turbo 400 yoke there. If it is an M-20/M-21 it should have the same output shaft as a Turbo

350. A true M-22 Rockcrusher will have an output shaft the same as a Turbo 400.
Reply to
tinsoldier

all of that sounds right, except, the output shaft is 27 spline, and the yoke is 27 spline, so the yoke slides on...about an inch, then it gets hung up on the bearing that's behind the oil seal(that i pulled off). I was thinking that when I got the muncie rebuild kit, the guys gave me the wrong bearing, but I'm now starting to think there is a thinner version of the 27 spline yoke(th350). Or they just gave me the wrong bearing, which would be worse because then I would have to pull the bearing, and change it out...more work. alas!

Anybody heard of that?

thanks,

gbl3800

Reply to
gbl3800

Just a thought here... and BTW it's a bushing, not a bearing you are talking about, correct?

I gather from your OP that you recently replaced the output shaft bushing. Could it have been mushroomed during installation? If so, the driveshaft yoke won't go in until you deburr or replace the bushing with a round one...

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish