My Mechanic Cheated Me - Central Auto Service in Porterville, CA 93257

Contact info. of the auto repair shop that cheated me:

Central Auto Service

847 W. Olive Ave. Porterville, CA 93257 Phone: 559-781-8033 Fax: 559-781-2944

I dropped off my car for engine work (water pump replacement, belt replacement, oil leaks, etc.) on 7/12/07. At the time I dropped off the car, the driver-side window was working fine, and has been working fine since I bought it about eight months ago. But when I was called into the store to pick up the vehicle on 7/13/07, I went to the store on the same day, paid and got my key, entered the car, and tried to roll up the window, but it was completely jammed. I notified the mechanic, and the mechanics there then took out the side panel of the door and un-jammed the window, but the window no longer was completely in the slider, creating a gap and allowing for leaks during rain. Also, when the mechanics removed the door panel, they placed it across the font seats and left oil stains. So on this same day of 7/13/07, I complained to the mechanic, but he said that the owner, Raul Mendez, was not in and only the owner can authorize the repairs. The mechanic said that the owner would be in at 8:00 A.M. on Monday 7/16/07 and that I should come in that day to get authorization from the owner. So I arrived at 8:00 A.M. on the specified date, but then I had to wait until 9:45 A.M. before the owner finally showed up. The owner said the he will take care of the stains the next day at 8:00 A.M., (7/17/07) and that he will try to fix the window without charging me for labor. But he said that if any parts require replacement, he will not cover the cost of the parts. He said that their mechanics did not touch the window and therefore they did not break it. But, I believe they did break it because it was working fine when I dropped off the car.

So I came back to the business on Tuesday, 7/17/07 at 8:00 A.M. I went and waited until 8:45 A.M. but he did not show up at the business. No one knew where he was, but the worker there took my number and said that if the owner is interested, he will call me regarding why he did not show up to repair and clean my car. The owner never called.

Reply to
victimofmechanic1

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: I went to the store

You have seemed to avoid mentioning if you left the window up or down when you dropped it off?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

The fact that the window worked and now does not work does not in any way establish that the shop that replaced your water pump damaged the window either through malice or carelessness. In fact, it is hard to see how they could have done either one. The fact is, everything that becomes broken was previously not broken. As much vehicular traffic as goes through a car repair shop, by the law of averages this will happen at the car repair shop from time to time.

That said, it doesn't sound like the shop handled things very well at all.

We have had many items break on cars while in our shop through absoslutely no fault of ours and we do not avoid the customer. We might pull on the hood cable and the handle breaks off, open a door and the handle breaks, roll down a window and it doesn't come back up, turn on the headlights and a bulb burns out. These things happen. It's why shops are often reluctant to become involved with old or decrepit cars. There's no excuse for the grease stains however. The car should be as clean or cleaner than when you brought it in. By being evasive the shop makes it look guiltier regards the window than is probably the case.

Don

Don

It somehow interfered with the Tinfoil headgear...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B