My wipers stopped working...

My wipers of my 1991 Tercel stopped working all of a sudden on the highway when it was dark and rainy. I was lucky not to have an accident. I stayed there for about an hour with the engine running most of the time. I was towed to my house. When I started the engine the next morning, the wipers were still not working, and the exhaust (I believe) made a hell of a noise. So I drove it slowly to a garage. They will look at it tonight. Since I wish to avoid that the mechanic tells me a story tomorrow, I would like to know what you guys think that both problems are related. Could it be the towing that is causing all that noise? Are both problems related? Thanks.

Reply to
Denis Morissette

I doubt anyone can offer an opinion on what the cause of "a hell of a noise" could be, I'm not sure why you'd even ask for advice without even describing what the problem is.

It's unlikely that wipers could be connected to engine/exhaust problems.

Reply to
paint8oy