Mysterious dead battery in 2000 Honda Accord

I should have bought another. Made by Exide, I believe.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Exide, (Willard), batteries used to have an excellent reputation. I've just not seen them around for a few years and suspect todays Exide may not resemble those of yesteryear.

Other battery brands that I have found with good longevity include those from the old Wester Auto, Sears Die Hard and current "gold" AutoZone.

But, my Honda guru sells Interstate and I get a break. We'll see as I have never been particularly impressed with this brand.

(Anything Paul Harvey plugged, watch out!)

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

In years past, I have bought three new Interstate batteries before.In my opinion, they are much overated and not worth the extra money.About two years ago, I bought an Autozone ''gold'' battery for my 1983 Dodge van.The battery was made by Johnson Controls company.A very good battery, in my opinion. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Having same promble with my 2000 V6 honda accord.bought a new ba3,alternator.charging system good.some1 please assit me am going crazy.08165222175

Reply to
udoka1amanchukwu

And, so, when you put an ammeter in series with the battery and leave the car alone for a few minutes for everything to shut down, what is the current draw?

And, when you start pulling fuses out one by one, which fuse is the big load downstream from?

My favorite ones over the years have been the light in the glove compartment stuck on (and you can't see it because the compartment is closed) and the electric lock heater switch stuck closed.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Add to that the trunk light not shutting off draining the battery every few days. Took a while to find this one. MLD

Reply to
MLD