Need a good 4x4 rig.

So I'm need a good wheelin' truck.

I'm looking for something that falls in the 73-87 Chevy/GMC family.

I've been eyeing a '77 crew cab with a 454 big block in it. This isn't going to be a truck for mass amounts of towing. The most it will do is probably a 11 ft camper at best.

Is going with a 454 overkill? I live in an area with a lot of local

4x4ing area, so most of the time I wouldn't be going too far. Aside from mileage, what's the downfall from getting a 454 in place of a 350?

Ideally I'm going t have a crew cab with a super shorty box (obviously this is something that I'll have to do custom), so what should I do?

thanks :)

Reply to
misshime