need help; renault kangoo 1.5 dCi

I drive a late 2003 Renault Kangoo van 1.5 dCi, 45700 mile on the clock, in Ireland. The van has developed a problem with the engine power. I was driving on motorway, and suddenly the van rocked forward, I thought it was a flat tyre so I stopped on the hard shoulder. However after checking tyres and started the van, I noticed a lack of power and different sound coming off the engine. Nothing comes up on the dash board about the service or something like that. There is no lack smoke to the rear. A local man, ruled out the turbocharger as been the cause of the problem, he was reckon that might be a problem (blockage) with air flow meter e.g. sensor or meter etc. I can't drive more than 80/90 km/h and I'm getting there very slow. Could you please advice me, as what could be the problem. Is there anything I can checked/clean myself. Thanks in advance thomas

Reply to
tmsocha