Need info. GM 3.4 ltr engine Pontiac Montana

Hi folks I have a 1998 Pontiac Transport Montana Extended with a dead 3.4 ltr motor (camshaft broke and bearings are finished). Dealers are saying only 1998 chevy, olds or pontiac 3.4 van engines would fit. Any of you have any experience with this engine? Will a 2003 Aztek 3400 fit this Montana? Camshaft sensor connector is different but both are three wires and its possible to cut and fit, but would that work? Or should I go for a 3.8 swap? Will that work?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
gearshift

Shep

you are better off getting the right motor for the van. Why in the world would you want to try and put a 3.8L in the van?

Reply to
jfrancis311