Need new or used exhaust manifold

I have a 1977 Dodge class "C" motorhome with a cracked Right side manifold. I will buy new or used but would like to know what cast iron welding processes are available. It might be better to weld one than to buy a used on as the used one might be cracked also. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Marvin

Reply to
MEPCLS449

Putting CAST IRON WELDING into Google will bring up tens of thousands of pages on the subject. Cast iron welding is costly. It would probably be cheaper to buy a new manifold. You might want to consider having stainless steel tubing manifolds made.

Reply to
« Paul »

Not being a welder, I have always been in awe of others who are accomplished welders and thus have read a good deal PLUS made an attempt to learn what I was told/taught. (Helps me choose whether I wish a certain "welder" to do a particular job for me.) Think I remember that a nickel rod is used for making such welds. Plus, it'd help if you could 'bake' it in an oven for a time to bring up its temperature before you begin the actual welding process. Hope this helps & good luck. sdlomi

Reply to
sdlomi

Neil Nelson

Thanks!

Reply to
saeengineer

What size engine ?I don't know what a class C is but I bet the motorhome verson of the 318/340 are the same as the car version and are lying around the old junkyards by the zillons. Shop by engine, not vehicle and compare them. You may get one for 20 bucks at a youpull yard.

Reply to
TOLYN9

You're entirely welcome!

I love their methodology.