Need o2 sensor advice for '03 Mazda MPV

Where do I find the o2 sensors on my '03 Mazda MPV? The check engine light went on, so I found out it's the 1 and 2 sensors in bank 1. I'm not as car-literate as I would like, so my son is helping me (actually he'll be doing most of the work, he loves working on cars) but I need advice on where to get two sensors cheaply, and where to look for them. Thanks in advance,

John

Reply to
EGMono

You can go to get quotes at some autopart malls like Autozone, O'Reilly, etc. I think the 02 sensors cost around $60 and something for each. But are you sure that you have to replace the O2s? Please post your check engine codes here.

Ace

EGM> Where do I find the o2 sensors on my '03 Mazda MPV? The check engine

Reply to
Aceh^Texas

why would you want to put cheap o2 sensors in a 2003 car?

Reply to
jfrancis311

Look around the exhaust manifolds and just after the catalytic converters, but don't replace anything without first performing the tests recommended in the factory and Mitchell manuals because computer error codes are often just rough indicators of a problem. The o2 sensors themselves may be fine, and there may instead be a problem with something related to them, such as their cabling, especially since it's unusual for 2 of these sensors to fail simultaneously.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

I don't think they did fail at the same time, the van has been running a little rough, but since I wasn't running it, and my wife didn't say anything at the time, I didn't put two and two together. Now it's bad, and off the road. I'll try to get specific engine codes, and voltages if I can, and post them this afternoon.

Reply to
EGMono

I don't want Walmart brand, (does such a thing exist yet?) but just looking on the internet briefly gave a HUGE range in prices. Would you pay $200 for a part someone else offers for $50? Some after market parts are just as good, others aren't. I don't know, so I'm asking for opinions. Thanks for your time.

Reply to
EGMono

Trouble Code Description

Problem 1 P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1) Problem 2 P0151 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2, Sensor 1) Problem 3 P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

That problem 3 error code p0300 is new (or maybe it isn't and I hadn't noticed it..)

Aceh^Texas wrote:

Reply to
EGMono

Fix the P0300 code first, it's possible that will also take care of the O2 sensor codes. The P0300 code could be as simple as a tune up.

Reply to
Mike

You mean simple tune up as in "change the spark plugs and filters" tune up? Now that I can do this weekend. Even if all the problems don't go away, it's still overdue. Thanks for the advice.

Mike wrote:

Reply to
EGMono