Need suggestion on new car purchase

I just totaled my 1997 Nissan Altima and need to buy a new one soon. I was thinking of Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. What are other cars in same price range? I am just starting the research process which I want to do myself and I need reference to some helpful websites, tips on visiting dealers, unbiased opinions etc. etc.

Also, if I just need a car for 6 months to year (max) what are my best options? Lease?

Please assist. thanks, Jay.

Reply to
Jay

as far as websites, i like

ninja.rider

If you want to minimize the likelihood of problems, consider only Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. And if you're on a tight budget, don't rule out the 4-cylinder versions because they're not like the 4-cyl mid-size cars that GM and Ford once produced (4-cyl Taurus was not only weak but got no better fuel economy than the V-6).

Learn everything about the cars you're thinking of, including the costs and prices of options packages, rebates, special financing, and even how well they're selling (Wall Street Journal lists that, and I think Automotive News or Ward's Automotive do as well).

has car buying information and an article by someone who tried selling cars for awhile. Don't check only books and articles about buying cars but also books about selling them, like You Can and Should Sell Cars. Be nice, dont' be pushy, and feign ignorance, modesty, and even stupidity. And for any model, the best bargain is usually the cheapest version that has the options you want.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me