Need to find me,

a 1956 Lincoln car to fix up and drive. Beyond a Reasonable Doubt movie on the TCM channel.1956 Lincoln in that movie. What a Classy Car!

Except, I don't want a convertible 1956 Lincoln.My 1914 Ford Model T and my 1948 Willys Jeep are convertibles. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The unusual headlight treatment reminds me of this:

This makes sense as it was built from the 1955 Lincoln Futura show car.

Reply to
dsi1

Well, the first one was. They ended up running off about six of them, the last few on 65 galaxie 500 chassis. Wiki and some fan sites have detailed writeups. (There were at least 2 of the Monkeemobiles, as well, and one apparently got lost in shipping after an Australian publicty tour, and is apparently still sitting in somebody's barn somewhere.)

I think they musta made more than one Futura for the show car circuit, or maybe somebody went back and built a clone, because I saw it in a movie that was made AFTER the Batman TV show was on the air.

Reply to
aemeijers

Them was the days. For some reason, TV shows just ain't interested in wild cars these days. Mostly it's a lot of hot rods - well at least the rods we have today, while not totally practical, can be driven. That age of the wild custom was really short lived. 65 to early 70s?

Reply to
dsi1

Batmobile, that made me think of George Barris Kustom Cars.

Didn't Barris build one of those Batmobiles? About two years ago, I read somewhere that driving the first old Batmobile was spoooky! Not safe at all. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

IIRC, George built the old original Burt Ward Batmobile. I think he used a Thunderbird as the platform. Now, this is from memory, so if anybody want to say I am FOS, they may well be correct.

Reply to
hls

My favorite King George Kar:

dsi1

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

What annoys me about TCM lately is that they never carry Grand Prix or Lemans anymore. The 512lm. Now *there's* a nice looking car. If you're short.

Reply to
fred