New Audi tail lamps

Looks like Audi has a new tail lamp? There's a pic of an A3 on Illume's site now, but it says it's just an illustration?

Benny

My first thought was "hey, you could do some cool stuff with that."

My second thought was "that's got to be stupid expensive."

If it is ever used it will probably be on a European car. We will never have "invisible" taillamps though, as one of the requirements at least in the US is to have a red retroreflector on the rear of the car which is traditionally integrated into the taillamp. You could mount a separate one somewhere else but you will still have a red thing somewhere back there.

nate nate

Reply to
N8N

I've watched this site for a while, if you read their stuff they say they eliminate cost by reducing the number of lamps and bulbs.

Reply to
Benny

That requirement exists worldwide.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

No, Audi hasn't got a new taillamp. Illumeco has a dream, is all. Look more closely at the picture; it's just a quick and dirty Photoshop job.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern